The Incumbent will:
- Be the key person accountable for Project Delivery- managing end to end delivery of high quality projects, meeting all required functionality, within allocated schedule and budget.
- Managing the team assigned to deliver projects and achieve assigned project goals.-Be responsible to ensure continued customer delight.
-Own the entire delivery of assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects involving 15-20-member team consisting of middle layer (PL/GL/TL) and the teams under them.
-Responsible for the end to end delivery; ensuring that Project Delivery Metrics are controlled throughout the project lifecycle. Tracking project requirements and implementation throughout different phases.
- Participate in business meetings with Function/Delivery Heads; review contracts, carry out risk analysis and mitigation exercises and update the Management on the same.
- Project managers should have strong business management, budgeting and analytical skills.
- Review and ensure the preparation of the following:
Software Development Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Project plan
Weekly status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure process and system compliance in the projects.
- Exhibit excellent escalation management skills, internal or external.
- Manage both FPP (Fixed Price Project) [L3]and T&M (Time & Material) projects on diverse functional domains
- Coordinate, communicate with the client on project related matters.
- Coach/ mentor the members in the project and provide necessary support to them.
- Performance appraisal/ counselling of the group members.
- Evaluate training needs (technical, managerial) and get the required training programs implemented.-Ensure project compliance with Newgen Quality Systems and Procedures
Required Candidate profile
- The incumbent must be B.E/B. Tech. -CS/ IT/ MCA, M.Tech from a reputed institute, with 10-12 years of relevant industry experience across a wide variety of development projects.
- Knowledge of current technological trends in the S/W development industry, such as OOP's, Multi-Tier S/W development, Component Architecture, Web Based S/W
- Good experience on Core Java, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Oracle/SQL
- Experience of planning, budgeting and quality assurance is a must.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification is MUST. Domain knowledge of Govt projects/BFSI is an advantage.
-Thorough understanding of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Should possess advanced knowledge of system integration issues.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and draw logical conclusions.
- Understanding the company's vision and goals, business operations and market.
- Is adept in stakeholder management and possess the ability to coordinate and prioritize customer requests with the assistance of other managers to ensure customer delight.
- Possess good people management skills and is able to manage performance and disciplinary issues, handle employee complaints and grievances and recommend the hiring, termination and promotion of staff; Should be able to train, mentor, motivate and lead a successful team. Should be well versed with attrition related issues and case management.
- Should have: Strong leadership abilities, self-driven, critical thinking, analytical abilities, flexibility, adaptability to work schedules, effective verbal and written communication & presentation skills, time management, self-confidence, open to changes & challenges, eye for detail, perseverance, discreetness and diplomacy, analytical thinking, sound independent decision making and team work. Must possess the attitude to deliver solution First Time Right.-Willingness to travel on Short term/Long term within India/Outside India/Client Site
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Client/Server Programming
Role Category:Project Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers
PG:MCA - Computers, M.Tech - Computers, Any Specialization, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication
Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.
Recruiter Name:Ankur Reja
Contact Company:Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.